Our mission is to support local cowgirls in becoming involved in the sport of rodeo. Our goal is to provide a platform for the Sweethearts by giving them a safe place to grow, developing their skills, building confidence, and connecting with our community and other girls their age. Through our activities and events, we aim to create a welcoming and inclusive space for the Sweethearts to thrive, gain real-life experiences and become a contributing member of our community.
These young ladies will represent WFRA in our community throughout the year. There will be so many opportunities, from festivals, fundraisers, community events, parades, news casts and playing a BIG ROLE in our Annual Rodeo.
REQUIREMENTS FOR BECOMING A WFRA SWEETHEART:
1. Must be in 7th-12th grade for the 2023-2024 school year
2. Must be in West area including: West School District, Abbott School District, Aquilla School District, Gholson School District, Penelope School District OR Parent/Guardian must be a current member of West Fair & Rodeo Association
3. Must hold an 80 or above GPA
4. Must volunteer a minimum of 50 hours throughout the year and volunteer during the Annual Rodeo the 2nd weekend in August
5. Must sell a minimum of $500 in raffle tickets and/or rodeo program ads for Annual Rodeo
6. Must attend “Open Interview” on posted day and bring 1 letter of recommendation from a teacher or non-family member.
7. And the most important requirement – HAVE FUN!!!
We look forward to seeing all interested in being part of our very 1st group of WFRA Sweethearts.
Participating High School Seniors will be eligible for scholarship opportunities!
NOTE: Applicants DO NOT HAVE TO BE A COMPETING COWGIRL, OWN A HORSE OR EVEN KNOW HOW TO RIDE A HORSE. Just a love for the sport of rodeo and what it represents.
For questions feel free to email us @ Admin@WestFairandRodeo.com or Call/Text to 254-716-1054.